Friday, February 25, 2011

Wish Granted.....

This summer I have to do 2 rotations: a community one and a institutional one. I put in my preferences a few weeks ago in Dr. Krueger's class. She told us that we weren't going to get our results until the beginning of March to the middle of March. The program we went through, is super quick & tries to give everyone the best results possible, so the process takes quite a while. They let us put in up to 20 preferences, but we aren't guaranteed to get any of them; however, they try to accommodate everyone as best they can.

I got an email today with my results of where I'll be going this summer. I'm happy to say that I got exactly where I wanted to go and the times that I wanted them. My first rotation starts May 23rd and goes to June 17th. I'm going to be working at the Walgreen's in Cody for my community rotation. My second rotation starts June 20th and goes to July 15th. For this one, I'll be working at the Worland Hospital for my institutional rotation. I got the third rotation off, so I'll get the rest of the summer off. Which means I'll get a nice long break before school starts off again.

These rotations are as close to Lovell as I could get, so I was really hoping that I'd get them so I could be home all summer. It's not going to be fun to have to drive every day, but I'll take it! Not only was I able to get the sites that I wanted, but I was also able to get the time period off that I wanted. I really didn't want to be doing a rotation in August, and my wish was granted! This will be a great summer, well as great as it can be having to work for free!! :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Yay! I'm so glad rotations worked out for you!

The Wabbingtons said...

O good so we WILL be able to see you when we come home in June! Glad you got what you wanted! I'm so proud of you and all of your hard work! We love you and miss you!