Monday, February 28, 2011

Last Second Decision.....

These past couple of weeks have been crazy busy for me. I've had lots of exams, quizzes, & meetings. On top of everything else, it was also Regional Basketball. Needless to say it was a little difficult to focus & study when both the boys & girls teams were doing so good. Basketball is my weakness & if it's on, I'm definitely not going to get much done.

After watching the semi-finals Friday night, I decided that Saturday was going to be studying day, then I'd watch the Championship games, and study the rest of the day. It sounded good like a great plan, in theory. It didn't turn out that way because there was a slight change of plans.

Friday night after the games Dani was saying how weird it was that she wasn't there to watch and how much she wanted to be there. I pointed out that she could drive down there since she didn't have anything going on this next week, or just wait since we're going to go to Casper this weekend. She's very persistent though, and kept insisting she wanted to go. After awhile of begging and coaxing, she convinced me to go with her. We showered, got everything ready, and finally went to bed at 1:00 in the morning. 

My alarm went off at 5:00, and we headed out at 6:30. The roads weren't exactly ideal, but we made it to Riverton around 10:15. My parents didn't know we were coming until we walked into the gym. We spent the entire day there, got to see the family, and watched lots of basketball. Both the boys and the girls won the Regional Championship, which was the icing on the cake. We headed back that night after the games got over around 8:30. The roads were horrible on the way back and we didn't get into Laramie until 12:30 in the morning. 

I was stressed out, tired, grouchy, and really behind on my studying, however, it was totally worth it and I'd do it again in a heart beat. Sometimes a last second decision is the best decisions you can make!! Now, all I have to do is survive these next couple days, and we'll be heading to Casper Thursday afternoon for an entire weekend of relaxing, basketball, and spending time with the fam. I can't wait!!

No comments: