Sunday, September 5, 2010

Activities Calendar.......

Since I've been down in Laramie not only have I been busy with school and my new calling, I've also been busy with different activities these first few weeks of classes. The first week of classes the LDSSA put on different events every night to get to know the new students and also spend time with old friends.

We had a barbecue and then a bonfire & fireside in the mountains on Tuesday & Wednesday (24th & 25th). On Thursday (26th) we played Singled Out at the Institute & later that night, a few of the kids from the institute played volleyball at the stake center. After I got out of class on Friday (27th) Dani & I went to watch the UW volleyball games. Later that night we went to Friday Night Fever, which was a comedy show this time. Saturday (28th) was some more volleyball games and later that night was a Single's Dance.

Monday (30th) was FHE at Washington Park. On Wednesday (1st) there was a free concert at Prexy's Pasture. Jon Schmidt played, & it was AMAZING!! I bought a songbook and got him to autograph it!!
Thursday night (2nd) we played volleyball again at the stake center. Yesterday though was what I've been waiting for ever since school time has gotten close: Cowboy Football!! We played SUU. It was a pretty good game, UW won 28-20!! It was actually a night game too. The past 2 years I've been here, we never had any night games, but this year the majority of the games!! A bunch of Dani's friends came down this weekend to watch the game. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with all of them for the past few days.
I've already done more in these past few weeks then I did all last year. It's made it a lot more exciting, and it's way better then sitting at home alone. I've already made some new friends, who are awesome, and it's great that Dani is getting to know new people too. I can't wait for more fun times to come, it's going to make this year great!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to a Jon Schmidt concert. He is fabulous and I listen to his music if I need to calm down or relax (which is a lot). I would love it if you would learn to play some of his songs for me.
Glad you girlies are having fun. I miss you so much. Love ya lots. Keep up the good work.

Richard & Katie said...

I'm glade that you are getting out and doing more beth, thats great! It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!
Love ya!