Sunday, August 29, 2010

Didn't See That One Coming.....

My first week of school has gone pretty good. Most of my classes seem like they're going to be very interesting, with the exception of Biochem (I already find it hard to stay awake in that class).

While waiting for my Integrative Physiology class to start on Wednesday, I glanced at my phone to see that I had a missed call by a number that I didn't know. I was going to just ignore it, but then I realized I had a voicemail. It was one of my bishopric members, Marcus Bailey. He wanted to meet with me. Automatically I knew it was about a calling since it's the beginning of the semester. I was thinking they were going to tell me that I was going to continue teaching the Gospel Doctrine class, since I had been teaching it for less than a semester. Well, No Such Luck.....

After asking me how everything was going, how school was, and a little small talk Brother Bailey finally got around to why he had asked me to come in to talk with him. So now I am... the 1st Counselor in the Relief Society! Well needless to say I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I definitely didn't expect to be called into a calling like that for at least a couple more years!!

Today I was sustained & set apart, so I am officially in the Relief Society Presidency. I'm going to be extremely busy with this now added to my schedule, but I'm so thankful for this opportunity. It's going to be interesting & a great blessing in my life. Even though I know I'm probably going to be overwhelmed the majority of the time, it'll be worth it.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

You'll be amazing!! I'm not surprised at all!! You've been taught well and even better, had an excellent example in your Mother!!

Remember...Enjoy!!! :-)

Michael and Chantel said...

Thats so awesome and exciting! You'll do great!!!

Lauren Olsen said...

Way to go Beth, you are going to be good at it!

Richard & Katie said...

I'm not surpised at all either beth! You are going to great!