Saturday, August 21, 2010

Now It's Official.....

My first official day of pharmacy school started about 3 days before the semester actually starts. My pharmacy class is AWESOME. I probably know about 30 of the 50 students already because I've had classes with a lot of them in the past two years. We all get along very well already and it's going to be an exciting 4 years being able to spend them together!!

My first few days back in Laramie have been very busy. I got into town Tuesday night and spent the night unloading & unpacking, and then I headed to Wendy's house to help her get everything moved in.

The next day (Wednesday) was my first day of orientation. Needless to say it was totally boring & a complete waste of time. I struggled to not fall asleep all day long. Orientation started at 8 in the morning (I had to leave home around 7:30), and it went clear until 4 in the afternoon with only one break for a few minutes plus a lunch break. Later after getting home I dug right in to clean my house, organize things, and move stuff out of the other bedrooms in my house because Dani came down on Thursday and was needed to have some place to put her stuff (imagine that)!!

Thursday started pretty much the same way as Wednesday did, with orientation going all day long 8-3:30, but this time we weren't done at the school after that. I ran home really quick to find my family at my house with a bunch of Dani's things already inside. I wasn't able to stay long because I had to go back to the school for my white coat ceremony. To start out Dean Vandel gave a short speech, then my P1 classes lined up and one-by-one some of the faculty put our coats on us & we took pictures, and finally after everyone had their coats we read the Pharmacy Pledge out loud together. The ceremony lasted for about an hour, and afterwards there was a reception and then my family walked around campus for a few minutes.
The rest of the night was spent getting Dani's things moved into the house and set up so she could sleep in the house for her first night!!

This morning I had a CPR Certification class from 9-12. It was a lot of fun to spend time with some of my class mates and get to know them better. After my class was over my family & I headed to Fort Collins to going shopping and have some fun while they were in town.

It's been great these last few days (even the boring orientation). I'm enjoying my last few days of summer vacation before the real work begins!!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats!! You look pretty official!! :-) Best of luck and try to have some fun along the journey!!

Kara said...

Oh my goodness Beth! This post just made me feel a whole mix of emotions! I am so PROUD of you and all of your hard work. You look great in that white coat! I am so EXCITED that you get to start pharmacy school and that you met some good friends...that will make pharmacy school so fun (and a lot easier to study). I'm so GLAD that you and Dani get to live there together and will have each other as a best friend. On the other hand it also makes me SAD that I am not down there with you. I miss Laramie and I miss you guys. Have fun and keep me posted. I love you, and I'll be thinking about you constantly.

P.S. Now that Dani is a "grown up", she needs to get a blog too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kar but you've lost it!!!! haha i'm not getting a blog i wouldnt update it enough lol