Saturday, September 18, 2010

Round 2.....

Last night I got to go to my second concert; Dani & I went together. This time it was Dierks Bentley & Lynyrd Skynyrd. Instead of being in the Arts & Science Auditorium, it was in the Arena Auditorium. Boy this concert was packed and extremely loud. It made the Rodney Atkins Concert sound like it was coming out of a pair of headphones in comparison to a huge boom box turned up as loud as it would go. I had a hard time hearing after it was all over. We got to the AA a little before 7 to find parking because the doors opened at that time. The concert was suppose to start at 8:00, but it ended up starting fifteen minutes late because people were late getting into the arena. We had pretty good seats, we were almost dead center and the top row of the first section of seats. Before the concert started, we bought a shirts for each one of the performers.
Dierks Bentley was the opening act. This is truly who I went to the concert to see! I absolutely love him & his music. Needless to say he didn't disappoint. WOW is all I can say!! He's got an amazing voice, even when he's live. He sang all of my favorite songs, interacted with the crowd & got everyone into it, and ended his portion of the show with my all time favorite song "What Was I Thinkin'." His part lasted for about 50 minutes of the entire show. He started his performance at 8:15 and ended around 9:05. There was a 25 minute intermission while they got everything set up for "the main event."
Lynyrd Skynyrd started at 9:30. I have to be honest I wasn't excited to see them at all because I don't know a lot of their songs. I knew it would be a good show, especially because they've been doing it for so long. Their performance was amazing!! I found out that I knew a couple more songs by them then I thought and the ones I didn't know I really liked! They ended their part with my all time favorite song by them "Sweet Home Alabama." After a ton of cheering, they came out for an encore song, my other favorite by them "Free Bird." I was a little sad what it ended completely at 10:50. It was pretty long, but totally 100% worth it!!
I had some videos of some of the songs they performed, but I'm not able to upload them.

Concerts are my new favorite thing to go to. Dani & I had such a fun time, it was a great time & an excellent start to this exciting weekend!! I don't even know what to say about this concert, it was amazing. I went only expecting to enjoy one of the act, and the opening act at that, & to my pleasant surprise I loved the entire show!! I can now say that I have been converted to a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan as well as a Dierks Bentley fan!!

No comments: