Sunday, March 1, 2009

Road Trip....

Friday after my Government class I got to go home to Lovell for the weekend. Since I didn't have a ton of homework like I usually do, I figured I better take advantange of the opportunity. My English class was cancelled on Friday and I decided to skip Trigonometry. The weather wasn't cooperating in the morning so I also ended up skipping my Chemistry class thinking I'd get away an hour earlier. Well, I didn't think I was going to get to go because the roads weren't looking too good, especially because I was going to be travelling alone.

Well, the sun came out and the roads became dry so off to Lovell I went (two hours later then planned but that's ok). The drive was perfect besides the wind that was blowing, which isn't unusual. I got into Lovell around 4:30 and headed over to the last high school basketball game for this season. During the varsity boys halftime, the class of 2007 dedicated the jersey that Brad wore all through high school and had it framed. I was very happy I got to be there for that.

On Saturday Danielle and I went up to the Trappers game because Wendy Walker, who plays for Casper College, was playing in Powell. Afterwards, we went to Hansel's which took us two hours before we got out of the restraunt. The rest of the night was spent hanging out with the fam.

I left at 1:15 today, and had a long drive home. I got home around 7, ate dinner, and of course finished off the night with some homework. It's not a weekend without at least a little homework right?!? I'm glad to be out of the car, but wish I could have stayed in Lovell a little longer, two days just isn't enough.

Even though it was a quick trip I'm really glad I got the chance to see my family, watch some basketball, and have fun. It was totally worth it.

No comments: