Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Been Awhile.....

It's been awhile since I've cooked a full-course meal while I'm in Laramie going to school. We usually make something quick or go get something to eat for dinner because it takes too much time or we don't want to go to the store. :) Tonight, though it's been long enough since we've had a fancy meal like my mom makes us at home.

Dani and I wanted to make dinner so we could eat while we watched WWE, which is our Monday night tradition since last summer vacation. For dinner we made some barbecue steak, baked potatoes, corn, and homemade rolls. I attempted to make the rolls, they turned out pretty good, but still not as good as Mom's and definitely not as pretty! It'll take some practice, and hopefully one day I'll be as good of a cook as my mom. I need to do it more often then I do so I can get better!
I'm so thankful for a great mom who is such a talented cook and has taught us those same skills! I would be eating frozen dinners for the rest of my life if it wasn't for her (Either that or I'd be a regular dinner guest at her house)!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I haven't had BBQ steak in eons! It sounds so good! Your rolls look wonderful! I always think I'm doing pretty good in the roll department until I taste mom's and then I realize I'm still way off! Love ya!