Monday, January 30, 2012

Time Consumer.....

My piano has been occupying a ton of my free time ever since the semester has started. I've been giving new callings in my ward. That's right callings, plural, as in more than one! I've been called to be the Compassionate Service Leader, the Ward Pianist, and the Relief Society Pianist.
This is probably the scariest calling I've had. I have hidden the fact that I could play the piano from everyone when I was in Second Ward for almost four years. I get so nervous when I am up in front of people. When the boundaries changed, one of the counselors is related to my Uncle Greg's wife, Michelle, and he knows about our musical family. :) So because of that my secret was forced out of me, and they've been asking my to play off and on since I first moved in until they finally called me this semester after the old pianist moved out of the ward.

This calling has made me practice the piano so much more, which is good because I probably wouldn't have played as much if I didn't have to. I absolutely love to play and I miss it when I don't make the time to do it more often. They know what I need in my life, I guess.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Those are all very scary callings. I would have to prepare more for a piano calling than any other calling in the church :) I'm glad you are having time to play.

Richard & Katie said...

Oh don't worry beth, you play beautifully!

Michael and Chantel said...

I'm so jealous of your piano! I feel like that is a calling that you always get once they find out you can play hehe but you will be great I know it :)