Tuesday, January 10, 2012

AX7.....

After a stressful semester, there's nothing better to blow off steam then listening to some loud rock music. The Saturday after finals Danielle, Amanda, and I headed up to Billings to watch the Avenged Sevenfold (AX7) concert. It was crazy, loud, and so exciting. I had a blast, despite getting a drink thrown in my hair. Four different bands played so needless to say, it was a long concert. We headed to Billings around noon, hung out at the mall, and then got something to eat before heading to the Metra. We got out to the Metra 3:00 even though the doors didn't open until 5:30 since we figured the line would be super long, and we were right. If we would have come just 15 minutes later, we would have been standing in about the parking lot.

The concert started at 6:30, and it opened with Black Veil Brides. They performed six of their songs, and they were really good. I'd only heard one song by them because it was on the Transformers soundtrack. They put on a great show and I love to listen to their music now.
The next act was Asking Alexandria. This band did a lot of screaming and I didn't know how much I'd like it, but it was awesome. They performed eight songs, and once again they've converted me to a fan and I listen to them all the time now.
Hollywood Undead was the reason I wanted to go to the concert. I absolutely love their music and can't get enough. They are so good live, and they definitely got the crowd into it. They performed eleven songs and wished they would have done even more.
Finally, the main act arrived: Avenged Sevenfold. I was super excited to watch them too. Wow, their show was amazing!! There was fire, crowd surfing, and tons of craziness. They put on a great show, performed eleven songs, and my favorite part is when they brought someone out from the crowd and had them play one of the instruments during the song. After the show, they came to the crowd to toss out their drumsticks and guitar picks.
I had such a good time and am so happy Dani asked me to go with her! It was a perfect first rock concert and totally worth not getting home until 1:00 in the morning!!

No comments: