Saturday, April 2, 2011

Join in the Celebration.....

We are finally having our Relief Society birthday party. We're a little late having this activity because of Spring Break, General Conference this weekend, and Stake Conference next weekend. It's going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait. Our theme is "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful."
My presidency thought it would be a great theme because sometimes we are so focused on what other people think about us and we don't think about what's really important. We're going to keep it simple and not go too long since it's the end of the semester and everyone is really busy. When we first get there we're going to have some breakfast foods since we're doing it in the morning. After we eat we've asked Bishop Killpack's wife, Allison, to speak to us. She's such a fun lady who loves us a lot and is great at speaking. We sure do love and appreciate the bishopric's wives in our ward!

My presidency is going to sing "Beautiful to Him" by Rachel Thibodeau to end the activity. The rest of the time we're going to talk and just spent time together. It's going to be a lot of fun. I'm so grateful for the Relief Society program and the great girls that I have in my ward. I've been so blessed to serve these wonderful sisters as the president.

No comments: