Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break '11.....

Spring Break was great! It was a nice break from school that I totally needed. I didn't do anything fun or exciting like some of my friends who went to Vegas or Disney World, but I spent time at home with my family and friends and got to do anything I wanted.

Friday Dani and I headed for Lovell after I got out of class at 10:00. It was a pretty quick drive. The rest of the night I spent hanging out at home talking with my parents.

Saturday I actually got to sleep in! It was a great feeling to have nothing to do. Well, I had stuff to do, but I totally put it off the entire break. Later that night Kara and the fam came up. It was so great to see everyone because it's been since the beginning of January. It's not super long, but it felt so much longer then that since I last saw them!

Sunday I went to church at 8:00 in the morning! I definitely don't miss that when I'm down in Laramie. I'll stick with my 11:00 church. After sacrament meeting Dani and I went to Kara's house to hang out until everyone else got out of church. After Kara & the fam got out of church, they headed up to our house and we all ate dinner.  Once again I just hung out at home and read my book for the rest of the night (Side Note: I've started reading a new series & I love it! It's the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. It's fabulous!!).

Monday I woke up early and headed to Powell at 7:30 to do my shadowing experience at the Powell Hospital. It was cool to see what happens in a hospital pharmacy because it's totally different than the retail setting. From what I've seen I'm still definitely doing retail, but it's always fun to see other aspects of what I'm going into. Kristen, Wendy, & I went over to the high school to shoot around. That night I listened to Emi play the guitar and then I read my book for the rest of the night.

Tuesday I hung out with Kate and Jake during the day after Katelyn got out of school. We played lots of games. More of reading my book and hanging out at the house for the rest of the night. I'm pretty boring, but that's what I miss when I'm down at Laramie.

Wednesday During the day I hung out at home, who would have thought. I went to Kara's house to see the kids and hang out at the house with them. Later during the night I hung out with Michael Montanez. We just cruised around town and talked.

Thursday I spent most of the day with Michael Bernard. It was way too long since I saw him so we hung out for hours, starting at 11:00 and I finally came home at 7:00 that night. I sat at home for awhile, reading my book, and then Emi & I went riding around the town.

Friday Kara and the kids came up a little before Kate got out of school and then stayed for awhile after school got out!! Emi, Dani, & I hung out during the day. Later that night Emi & I hung out, I listened to her play the guitar, we both read our books, and then went riding around.

Saturday Jake wasn't feeling well, so I took Katelyn to get her friend a birthday party, took her up to the party, went to the drug store & helped my dad, went and picked Katelyn up for the party, went back to the drug store, ate lunch, got ready, rode around with Emi, watched the Harlem Ambassadors game, rode around with Emi again, and watched a movie to finish off the night.

Sunday I went to church again super early in the morning, went to Kara's house afterwards and told them goodbye, came home ate dinner with the family, and then packed up and headed back to Laramie. We got back into town around 9:00, I unpacked, and then headed to bed.

School was right there waiting for me when I got back. This week is absolutely crazy busy and so is the rest of this semester! I can't wait for this year to be over, it's been super busy, full of drama, and just needs to be over!

2 comments:

Michael and Chantel said...

Sounds like a nice break! We were there too until Tuesday it was fabulous! Next time you guys shoot around or something call or text me! I am always wanting to play basketball or volleyball when we are up in Lovell, but I don't know anyone there that plays!!!

shelly said...

Yeah, we all could have lived without the drama, huh? I'd say we're done with that business....2 strikes, we're out... not trying for the 3rd.
Just dig in and study hard. You can do it, just kind of hard to get started again after a break. Love you Beth you are a PEACH!