Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Newest Edition...

Since about the beginning of April, Kristen Scheffler has been staying at my house because she is sick of the dorms, and being in a home setting tends to make her not as home sick. Well, this was just fine with me, I love living with Kristen. We get along very well and have a lot of fun together. She is finally getting most of her stuff moved from the dorms into the house so now she doesn't have to go back and forth as much. Her clothes, shoes, schoolwork, computer, and pet fish are all in one place. (Thanks to Kristen, I now know the password to my wireless internet again as well.)

Although Kristen is a new edition to my house, she's not the one I'm talking about. Kristen has a fish her little cousin named Curious George. He's hyper and is constantly swimming up and down. I think he is one of the coolest fish ever :)


Fish are the perfect pet, they're fun to watch but it doesn't take a lot to take care of them. I really like Kristen's too, and so last Friday, I went to Walmart and got my very own. I named him Blaze. He's a blue fish with yellow fins. So far, I really like him. He's not as hyper as Kristen's fish and likes to sit in the sharks mouth, but he's a lot of fun. It's weird but I can just sit and watch him swim around. It's funny how attached you can get to a little fish, but he's my favorite.

The next day, Kristen and I were talking about this little fish that was in the same tank with Blaze in Walmart, so I thought it would be fun to get Blaze a tank mate. Bad Idea!! The minute I put the little fish in with Blaze, Blaze tried to eat him. The sign at the store said they were aggressive fish, and that is no joke! The two could not be together, so now my friend Paige has the other little fish and we are all the proud owners of fish and now have pets!! :) Now I know that Kara's news of being pregnant is a little more exciting then me getting a fish, but since I'm not going to be having kids for awhile I figured this is as close as I'll get for announcing news about a new edition in my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very exciting:) Everyone needs a pet!

Scotty&Chelsey said...

well thats fun kristen is living with you :) fun fun sounds like your doing good :) like your fishy its cute!