Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas 2012.....

I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone. This year and holiday season went by so fast. It seemed to go by even quicker since we weren't done with the semester until a week later then usual. After getting home, Christmas was already right around the corner. We had lots of shopping to do, but I was able to get mine done early so I was able to help get everything else done.

Christmas Eve was pretty relaxed this year. Kara and her family spent the day with Jason's family in Worland, so it was only Dani, Emi, my mom, my dad, and myself for the evening. We had our traditional dinner of a variety of food (nachos, pigs-in-a-blanket, chicken nuggests, sloppy joes, a relish tray, and lil' smokies). This year Dani & I took care of the FHE lesson. We used one of Jeffrey R. Holland's old messages from 1976 "Maybe Christmas Doesn't Come From a Store." After the lesson, Emi sang and played 'O Holy Night' and it was beautiful. We finished the night with our other Christmas Eve traditions, and got our new Christmas Eve PJs.
Christmas morning didn't start until 8:00, which is pretty late for some, but early for the Reasch family. Emi couldn't wait any longer to open presents, so she woke us up to get the ball rolling. I can't say thank you enough to my parents for everything they do for each one of us. They do all that they can to make the holidays special for each one of us.
The night ended with us going to out to Kara's house so the kids could show us their presents. I spent the night playing football, furbies, and helping them with their iPods. After we got back home, we ate dinner, and finished the night by playing Apples to Apples. This Christmas was a great one, and just like my birthday, I couldn't have asked for anything better.

No comments: