Thursday, September 8, 2011

Well Worth It.....

On Labor Day weekend, Dani & I headed to Worland to watch Emi play volleyball. It was Border Wars, with Montana and Wyoming teams. The Wyoming teams did great, most of the Montana teams that were there couldn't even compete!
    
I haven't gotten to see Emilee play much, only one time when she was in 7th grade, and never when she was an 8th grader. I'm not going to get to see her much this year either, except State and maybe Regionals, so I jumped at the chance to watch her (even though I just made the 6 hour drive only a couple weeks before).
    
I had to go to class on Friday and didn't get done until 2:00. We got into Worland around 7:00 and only made part of Emilee's last game for the day. In the little bit of time that I was there, she played so good! They won every match on Friday in 2 games, except the last one. The next day was going to be pool play, and because they went to 3 games in the last match, they took 2nd place instead of 1st.
    
Saturday the first game was bright and early at 8:00. It was a close game, going to 3 games, and in the 3rd match they were down by quite a few points but came back to win by a couple points! The next game was at 10:30, and they lost by a few points. Emilee played an amazing game, she got some great hits, blocks, and saves!! Everyone was on fire during that game, it was very exciting to watch. They shouldn't have lost but the refs made some bad calls at critical times, which totally changed the momentum of the game. It was difficult to watch and deal with that loss when you know they shouldn't have. Their next match was a pretty easy win, dominating in 2 games. The first three games were all against Montana teams. The last game of the day was against Powell, and the girls played with fire! They were unstoppable, and all played well. It was great to watch them play together.
    
I absolutely love the girls that Emilee gets to play with. The girls are all so sweet to her and make her feel so comfortable and loved. A bonus of getting to watch Emilee play on varsity is that I also get to watch Erin and Leanne during their senior year!! All of them did amazing this weekend, and from the sounds of it on all of their other games so far too! I'm so glad I got to watch them play and wish I could see them all.
Good Job Ladies, I'm so proud of you, especially you Emi-Chelle and Annie-BaNannie!! Good Luck with the Rest of Your Season, Let's Go Dogs!!

No comments: