Saturday, September 24, 2011

Volleyball Treats.....

Last week was Homecoming in Lovell. I didn't get to go home for the games over the weekend because I had to study, but Danielle did. Needless to say I was a little sad that I had to miss out on the fun! Since it was Homecoming, we wanted to do something special and fun for Emilee wishing her luck, especially since I wasn't going to be able to be there. I wanted her to know I was thinking about her. We wanted to include Leanne too and a few of the other girls, and since we didn't want to leave anyone out (and because we love all of Emi's teammates) we decided to make treat bags for the entire varsity team.

We were originally going to make a candy bar letter for Emi, so we decided to take the saying we were going to use and get small size candies and put the saying on the back of each candy bar. Some of the candy we had to tape together because the saying included to two different types. These are the sayings we used:

“Shock” your opponents and play “Extra” hard.
Don’t be a “Dum-Dum,” play “Smart!”
You & your “Musketeers” play with mad “Skittles”
Keep the “Snickers” to a minimum & pound it to the ground!
Your teammates are your “Lifesavers,” play together!
Do it the “Bulldog Way” (For this one, we got Milky Way candy bars and covered up the 'Milky' on the front and put the word 'Bulldog' in its place)
Don’t have “Butterfingers,” “Crunch” your competition!
Play like you’re playing for “100 Grand”
Take big “Strides” toward the net
Keep the winning “Spree” alive!

What started out as a little thing we were going to put together for Emi really quick, turned into an 8 hour project. From coming up with the sayings, to designing/printing/cutting everything out, to going to the store and buying all the supplies, and finally putting them all together to get the finished project, it all took a lot more time then we thought it would. It was a lot of fun, and they turned out awesome! It wasn't possible to make these for all three teams since that would take forever, so we took the big bag of leftover candy to the locker room for all the girls to enjoy!
From what Dani told me, they were a hit! I'm glad they like them. It's always fun to get a little treat to know that people are thinking about you. I'm sure proud of my baby sister and her team, they're doing great this year! These girls are awesome and I'm so happy Emi has the team she does. They all make her feel part of the team and are all friends. It's the best to grow up in small towns, where we get to do fun things likes this to show our support!

2 comments:

Kara said...

You girls are so sweet! That was super nice of you to do that! I'm glad you're hard week is over and that you were/are able to have some fun.

P.S. LOVE the Christmas party, bytheway!

Anonymous said...

this is what it really said (notice the 5 greats in the 3 sentences)
From what Dani told me, they were a hit! I'm glad they like them. It's always fun to get a little treat to know that people are thinking about you. I'm sure proud of my baby sister and her team! They're doing great this year. These girls are great and I'm so happy Emi has the great team that she does. They all make her feel great and part of the team. How great it is to grow up in small towns, where we get to do fun things likes this to show our support!