Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Vacation.....

It has officially started for me! I was going to take some summer classes because I thought I needed to get one more credit to meet all of the requirements for pharmacy school. So Sunday afternoon, after coming home to Lovell for a week after finals, I headed back to Laramie because summer classes started on Monday. I went to my first class, P.E. activity and then the lecture portion, with full intentions of being there for the four week duration of the class.

For some reason I got onto my WyoWeb account to look at my transcripts (I think it was to look at what my GPA was after this semester, but I really don't remember why exactly!) and discovered that I actually had the correct number of credits that were required. I still went to my other class to check it out, and if it was going to be less work then during the semester I was going to stay and complete the classes.

Well it turns out that both of the classes weren't shortened or simplified, they were exactly the same as during the semester only crammed into 4 weeks instead of an entire semester. It was totally not worth it, and I don't need the credits, so I dropped all my classes last night, packed up all my stuff, and I'm now back in Lovell for the rest of the summer!

I'm very excited to actually have the entire summer off and to be done with school for 3 months! After this past semester, it is time for a break & I totally wasn't looking forward to another month of school. Everything worked out for the best & even though it consisted of a totally unnecessary 12 hour round trip (Lovell-Laramie-Lovell again) I'm alright with it because I won't be making that trip again for a few months! YAY for summer vacation, a much needed break, & actually getting to work!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Day!!! Enjoy your summer vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you get a break. You are one hard worker and deserve it! Enjoy your time with fam and hopefully we'll be seeing you!