Friday, April 16, 2010

My First......

Concert that I've ever been to!! Last night I went to the Rodney Atkins Concert and it was AMAZING... I loved every minute of it. He is so good live, what an amazing voice he has! There were so many people there & the whole concert was sold out.

The concert started at 8:00 and went until 10:45! My friend Jessica & I went together. We were on the floor with end seats, which was really nice because it was absolutely crowded in the auditorium. It took place right on campus in the Arts & Science Building.



Chancey Williams and the Younger Brothers Band was the opening act, & they were amazing as well. I didn't know a lot of their songs, but they were great and very talented. They tour all around and perform, and they'll actually be back in Laramie next week. One of the members of the band is actually a student at UW and the majority of the members of the band are from Wyoming. They portion of the concert went from 8-8:45.
space
The pictures are really blurry because I had to turn the flash off or they were too dark.



This is a short video of one of their songs.
space

It took a while to get everything set up for the main event that began at 9:15.

Rodney Atkins opened his section with "It's America." One of my favorite songs by him! The lights, performance, and the entire show was excellent! Toward the end of the concert he sang "I've Been Watching You Dad" which is my other favorite song by him, and the final number was "These Are My People." We cheered long & hard enough after he left the stage that he came out and gave an encore, singing "If You're Going Through Hell" which is my third favorite song by him! I didn't think I knew as many songs by him as I did.
space
These pictures are a little better, still a little dark but at least in focus

space
This video is of "It's America."
space
space
This is a video of "I've Been Watching You Dad."
It's sideways because I turned my camera and now I can't rotate it.

space
Before we left the members of the Chancey Williams and the Younger Brothers Band were standing out in the lobby, and Jessica took a picture with them.


space
The entire show was excellent. It was so loud in there with all the screaming & cheering and the music was way loud when they were performing. I couldn't hear after it was over, my ears were ringing & felt like they needed to pop. There were tons of people who were swing dancing in the isles. I had a blast at my first concert & can't wait for another one! This one will be tough to beat though, it was the best!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

That would be a fun concert to go to!!! I'm jealous :) Glad you had a good time!

Tracy said...

Good for you...for having some fun!! :-) Sounds like a great time.