Monday, February 8, 2010

All Done....

Today was the day of my interview. I was so nervous!! My nerves didn't get the best of me the whole day until it came to the actual time of my interview, but the process was an all day event. The school was very specific about how we were to dress & act. A dress suit was suggested, but if we didn't have a suit a skirt would be OK too.


It started at 8:30 in the morning, getting my school packet, meeting with the dean of the pharmacy school and got an overview of the program by Jo Ann Rule. After that there was a tour of the campus, but since I am a UW student I didn't have to attend this portion (& I didn't have to trudge through the snow!). After the tour was over, it was time for the Competency Exam (which dealt with basic math) & then a Writing section where we had to write a one page paper about the provided prompt. After all the testing things were over, it was then time to eat lunch and meet with pharmacy students that are already in the program so we could as any questions and see how we fit in with those involved.

After lunch, the waiting began. My interview wasn't until 2:30, so I had to wait from 1:00 until time for my interview. The professors that interviewed me were the sweetest ladies. I interviewed with Dr. Clark & Dr. Hilaire, who are both professors I will have in the later years of the pharmacy program. They tried to make sure I was so comfortable before they started the actual interview. The thing I waited for all day was over very quickly. I started my interview about five minutes early and my interview only took 20 minutes (which is a normal amount of time). I left the interview feeling very good about how it went. I was able to answer all of the questions they asked me, and give thorough answers. I was surprisingly very comfortable and all the time I spent worrying ended up being a waste of time!
I'm so relieved my interview is over! It is a huge relief off my shoulders. All I have to do now is wait... Acceptance/Rejection/Wait list letters are going to be sent out on March 1st, so I only have to wait for 3 weeks! Now I just get to be nervous for that instead of the interview. I can't wait to know what the outcome will be.....

3 comments:

Tracy said...

You looked really nice for your interview!! I'm sure you'll get in!! I hope the next three weeks goes by fast for you!! Good Luck!! Now, go have some FUN!! :-)

Richard & Katie said...

Nice job beth! I bet you did fantastic and that the professors loved you. I bet you get in too! Let me know when you find out k!

Michaell & Madison said...

you are so good beth....and you are so beautiful!!!