Saturday, December 6, 2008

An Exciting Night...

Katelyn asked me once if she could spend the night over at my house, but Kara had told her no. She was so disappointed, and it broke my heart. I'm not sure why but every time I go to leave either Katelyn or Jacob beg me not to leave. Maybe they don't see me enough (even though I'm over there A LOT!!)

Kylie went home to visit her family for the weekend, and since I was home alone I decided to ask Kara if the kids could come sleep at my house. When the answer was yes, I asked Katelyn and Jacob if they wanted to. Well, Katelyn was ecstatic, Jacob said yes but wasn't as pumped as Katelyn. After getting everything gathered up and loaded in the car, we hadn't even left the parking lot when both the kids said they missed their mom and dad. I was sure this "sleep over" was only going to be a movie and then home night.

After a imaginative game of Barbies, we all settled onto our beds that were on the living room floor where we watched a movie. By 9:30 the kids were out. At 11:30 I heard a little cry coming from Jacob. When I went and picked him up, he fell asleep instantly on my shoulder. After discovering I couldn't lay him down on the floor without him crying, he laid on my stomach while I was on the couch. Around 2:30 in the morning Jacob went and laid back on the floor and fell fast asleep. Nobody else aroused until 6:15, where I was woken up by a soft petting on my hand. Katelyn needed more chocolate milk (boy can those kids drink a ton of milk!!) After that, they were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!!!

Katelyn and Jacob were impressed with my french toast making skills, I made it just like their mom!! After changing to a different movie about three times along with coloring some pictures, the kids packed up, and we headed back the their house at 9:30.

I absolutely love those kids, and they're so much fun!! I'm so glad that I can be down here and get to be with them and Kara & Jason!! Thanks Kate & Jake for a super fun night, and thanks Kara & Jase for trusting me with your kids and letting them come!!!!!

1 comment:

shelly said...

You're definitely the best Aunt any two kids could ask for. You're a sweetheart Beth...I'm very proud of you and thankful you're 'mine'.