Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fishing Adventure.....

Thursday night Kristen asked me if I wanted to go fishing since I had the day off on Friday. Kris likes to fly fish, which I've never done but I knew that so it was no big deal. Normally, I'm a sit on the bank and throw in my worm baited hook kind of girl, but Kristen is not that kind of fisherman. My family thought I was crazy to go fishing in capris and a tank top (to be honest I didn't know why I was dressing like this either, but Kristen said that's how she was going so I followed suit). Little did I know I had a surprise in store.

We headed up to Newton Lake (which is outside of Cody) and got all geared up. I didn't know how much fishing we were going to be able to do because it was pretty windy and started to rain. Luckily it let up and we spent a little over an hour on the lake.
Needless to say it wasn't a very successful trip. Neither of us caught a fish, and honestly we didn't even get a nibble! We aren't the most patient of fishermen, so we decided to head back into town and hit up Walmart. We ended our day with eating at Dairy Queen (Lovell or and Laramie should definitely invest in getting one in town). Now that I'm not quite as amateur at this fly fishing business, I'm sure there'll be plenty more fishing trips to come.

No comments: