Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A-Z.....

Kara is full of good ideas! I don't know how she thinks of such things. After seeing a picture she posted on Instagram of Katelyn and Jason studying the scripture and keeping a journal, she informed me how she keeps a journal. Instead of writing after each chapter, she journals according to topic. This way, whenever she needs to give a lesson or talk, she has scriptures and quotes already compiled. I loved the idea so much, I adopted this strategy into my own study.

Since I'm OCD and am a little obsessed with office supplies, I decided to make a craft project out of it. Instead of keeping a journal, I decided I wanted to use index cards. I couldn't just have a simple container, that's just too boring. I couldn't find alphabetical dividers that I liked, so I decided to make my own. I bought plain cards, colored them with permanent markers, used sticker letters, and then laminated them to keep them saved. To keep the various cards on the same topic together I'm using paper clips to keep them together (of course these couldn't be any paperclips, they had to match the color scheme).
I haven't been doing it long, so I don't have too much in mine yet. I'm trying to do better with my scripture study because I've been a little lax with it. I've decided to not only study the scriptures but also the conference talks (I don't look at them nearly enough). I've noticed such a difference in my days since I've been studying the words of the prophets more consistently. I'm so thankful to have the guidance of these inspired men and women to help me in life's journey. Thanks Kara for another great idea!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Now my binder looks plain jane! A file box is a wonderful idea!