Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Very Blessed.....

I've never taken the time to write down all those things that I'm thankful for in my life. With it being November, even though Thanksgiving is already over, I still wanted to document it. I'm grateful for this time of year that provides me the opportunity to think of all the blessings I have in my life. Kara wrote something on Facebook that really made me realize that I need to be better about expressing what I'm grateful for in my life. She said something like what if we were to wake up tomorrow with only what we were thankful for yesterday. Needless to say, I wouldn't wake up with very much because I take a lot for granted in my life.
  • First and foremost, I'm thankful for my family. I couldn't ask for a more loving, supportive family that's always there for me. They are the best examples to me and would do anything for me. It's nice to know that I've always got people there for me, no matter what. I have the best parents in the world, who provide for me, love me, protect me, and are always there for me. I couldn't ask for better sisters, they are my best friends and are always there for me. My nieces & nephews love me, and I love them, couldn't imagine life without them. I have amazing brother-in-laws that are so much fun and add so much to our family. :) I have the best family ever!
  • I'm grateful to have the gospel in my life. It's because I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that I am the person that I am. The longer I live, the more I realize how important it is in my life. I'm so thankful for my testimony of the gospel that gives me peace in my life.
  • Along with the gospel, I'm thankful for the scriptures & words of the prophets today. No matter what stage of life I'm in, what questions I have, or whatever it is that I'm struggling with, I'm always able to find answers when I search and read the words and teachings of the prophets.
  • Prayer and the Atonement are two very powerful tools that I have in my life. I love that I have the opportunity to talk with someone that always knows what I'm going through, how I think, and what I'm feeling. I've made my fair share of mistakes and bad decisions in my life, and luckily through the use of the Atonement, I can take care of those things and strive to be a better person. 
  • I'm lucky to have amazing friends that are always there for me. As I've been down in school, I've met tons of new people that I will be friends with for the rest of my life. I'm also blessed to have some of the best friends ever from high school. I know that I can depend on them for anything. 
  • The opportunity to get a higher education, is huge to me. I'm able to go to school and get a degree in a field that I absolutely love, and will end up with a job that I've wanted since I was a little girl. It's always been my dream to be a pharmacist, and in just a couple more years that dream will come true. 
  • I'm fortunate enough to have a beautiful home, that's safe, and provides me with so many conveniences, both at home & at school. I don't have anything to worry about when it comes to my home. It's so nice to not have to move in & out of the house at the end of the semesters.
  • We live in a safe area and the best country in the world, where I have the opportunity to have many freedoms that I take for granted. 
  • I have so many blessings, I can't even begin to name them all. I've been blessed with good health, no complications with my body, a good car, computer, music, many talents, I've never had to go without anything, and so many other things that I can't even think of. 
I know there's so many things that I didn't name above that I'm fortunate to have. I'm so blessed to have all these people, things, and opportunities in my life. I take way too much for granted and don't express my gratitude nearly enough to deserve everything that I have in my life. 

No comments: