Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Break.....

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone. We got to have an extra long break this year because we don't have classes on Tuesday, so we headed to Lovell Friday morning. We spent the week with Kara and her family, hanging out at home, being with friends, and eating good food. What we didn't plan on was getting sick. The flu went through our family and made things a little miserable for some of us at times.

Emilee had a busy weekend when we first got to town with All-District, a WHSAA meeting, basketball practice, and her activity banquet, we barely saw her until later in the week when she was off of school. She's such a busy, talented girl, and she definitely needed a break!

I spent a lot of time with Kara and her kids this week! I sure do miss her cute kids when I'm down at school. Saturday we went to How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the Holiday Mingle at the Hyart. On Tuesday, Jake had his first grade ABCs of Thanksgiving play. He looked so cute in his little pilgrim outfit. He's getting so big, and is such a smart, handsome boy! I love to support them all in everything they do.
After the play was over, I headed to Basin to see Kristen and her new house. It's hard not having her in Laramie with me anymore, but she's happy and loving married life. It's crazy we're all growing up!

Wednesday I spent at home, went to Minchow's for dinner, and then helped my mom make pies. I've never made pies before, and I was a little nervous. It took a lot more time for my mom because she was teaching me how to do everything, but I'm happy I got to learn because she makes the best pies (and I definitely need to learn how to make them)! I'm glad to report that I didn't screw up the pies, and they tasted good - but of course that's because my mom kept a close eye on me.
Thanksgiving was small this year. It was just our family and Kara, Jason, and the kids joined us. It was nice to spend it with family and the food was delicious. We spent the day eating and being lazy. I made activity books for the kids to do when they got to the house. They had a word search, cross-word puzzle, word scramble, coloring pages, and a page to write what they're thankful for. Needless to say, they were a hit! We ate in the living room, and Katelyn said our house looked like the Olive Garden (which means it looked pretty dang cool)!
I love this holiday and the opportunity it gives me to think of all the blessings I have in my life. I'm such a lucky girl to have been blessed with so many good things in my life.

To finish out my break, I spent it with my family. Emi and I went to Breaking Dawn part 2 up in Powell on Friday night. Then on Saturday, we spent the day in Billings shopping, eating at the Olive Garden, and spending time together :) It was a great ending to a really fun break!

This year is flying by!! I'll be done with another semester of school in 3 weeks, and home for Christmas break for a month. I love the holiday season and am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family to surround me.

No comments: