Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Obsession.....

Okay, I think obsession may even be a bit of an understatement. I didn't know what I was going to do with myself now that my two favorite book/movie series were coming to an end. Luckily a new series has come around and the movie madness is barely beginning! I absolutely love The Hunger Games series. The books are great and super easy to read. I need to learn to slow down because I've already read the entire series. I had to read them super quick because the movie was released this weekend and I wanted to read the books before I watched the movies.

I'd heard great things about the books, and I most definitely wasn't disappointed! The books were amazing and I couldn't put them down, obviously, since I finished all three books over Spring Break.
The movie came out on Friday, so Kristen, Stephanie, Dani, & I went to the midnight premiere. It was totally worth it. It was a last second decision that we were going to go, and it was only by luck that we got to see it. Kristen came over to hang out and we started talking about the books since we both recently read them, and I said we should go to the midnight showing. We both wanted to go so we asked Dani & Steph if they wanted to go too. I called the theater to ask if any tickets were available still and they told me that 4 had been refunded but they couldn't be reserved over the phone and were on a first-come-fist-served basis. We got into the car, hustled down to the theater, and got the last 4 tickets. Is that lucky or what?!

The movie portrayal was the closest to the book that I've ever seen, obviously there were differences but the the most part it was very similar. Good thing too because there's no way they could change the original and make it any better!It was so good Dani & I were going to go again on Saturday, but it was sold out. The theater has sold out every showing so far, hopefully they have tickets for tomorrow because we're planning on watching it whenever we can get tickets again.
Love, love, love these books and the movie.  I'm excited to have something new to look forward to since my other series are almost over with nothing new to look forward to!

No comments: