Monday, March 5, 2012

Back-2-Back.....

State basketball was a blast this year. It was great to see my family and get to watch my baby sister win a State Championship her freshman year. I'm so proud of her and Leanne!! Nothing gets better then spending time with family, watching basketball, and eating frozen lemonades. :)
Dani and I headed to Casper Thursday morning so we could be there to watch the boys game. Both the boys and girls won by a huge margin. It was the same story then next night at the semi-finals.

Both the boys and girls were in the championship this year. The girls played first, and beat Thermop 54-22 to bring home back-to-back State Championships.
I'm sad I wasn't there to get to "honk" the girls in when the rode the firetruck into town when they got back Sunday afternoon. It was always one of my favorite parts of State and it's been such a long time since I've done that.
The boys played the last game of the night. It was a close game, but sadly, the Chiefs won by 11.

It was a great season for both teams and I loved watching them play both at the tournament and during the season on the Internet. Congratulations Lady Dogs on bringing home the 'Ship! I'm so proud of you baby sister, love you bunches!! :)

No comments: