Sunday, August 7, 2011

4th of July Celebration.....

I know the 4th of July was a month ago, but I finally got the pictures I wanted (thanks to Dani for getting them off the camera). The day was spent hanging out at home. Usually we go up to the mountains to go four-wheeling, but this year we decided to stay home since we usually don't have a lot of time to shoot off the little fireworks that we get every year, which are actually my favorites to shoot off!!

Kara and the fam came up to join in the fun. We shot off some smoke bombs, snaps, bottle rockets, and some parachutes. After some firework fun we had an outdoor barbecue since it was so nice outside, and then it was time for the real show to start.
We had Amanda come up and join in the fun with us! There was a firework scare this year when one tipped over and shot in all direction, one shot right where Dallin had been standing just minutes before but had gone inside with Kara. Luckily everything was just fine, but it was super scary, it was definitely the fastest we've all moved in awhile! We got a nice rain shower in the middle of lighting everything off so we had to wait it out. Jacob still isn't a huge fan of how loud the fireworks are (he made it way longer this year and didn't even fall asleep, he just spent some of the time in our Yukon), so part way through the show he wanted to listen to my iPod with some headphones to drown out the noise. He looked so cute, and I'm sad I didn't get a picture of it!

After the grand finale, we lit off some sparklers (which is always one of the best parts). Everyone likes this part, even Jake!!
It was a great 4th this year. It was nice to relax and spend some time with the family!! I love the great country that I'm very blessed to live in.

No comments: