Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving....

I finally got some time to catch up on what's been going on. Ever since I got back from my break I've been studying because I had four exams this week and at least two finals next week. Thanksgiving break was great, and I definitely needed a nice break to make it through the last two weeks of school because they've definitely been the most stressful of this semester.

My classes got cancelled on Tuesday so I headed home Monday. It turned out to be really good because the roads weren't the best but were even worse Tuesday. I spent the break hanging out with my family & friends, sleeping, and eating great food.

Tuesday I spent the afternoon at Kara's house. We played some Wii, took some pictures, and had lots of fun. I got to their house before Katelyn got home from school so I went with Kara and the kids to go get her. She didn't know I was in town, let alone in her car. I decided to surprise her so I laid down in the seat so she wouldn't see me until after we were on our way. She leaned up to give my seat a hug, I sat up with her about 3 inches from my face and said boo. Needless to say I scared her a little more then I surprised her, she screamed really loud, and then she gave me a huge hug! We got a good laugh out of it, and it was the best surprise ever!!
Wednesday afternoon Michael Bernard and Wendy came over to visit for a bit. We listened to music and listened to Emi play the guitar. After they left I headed to Michael Montanez's house. We played Just Dance and Guitar Hero.

Thursday I spent the day with the family. I love Thanksgiving, it's great to take time and think of everything that I have to be thankful for in my life. I'm especially grateful for my family. It's nice to stop with my busy schedule and think about everything that I've been blessed with in my life. We ate some great food and played the Wii for awhile.
Friday night Emi, her friend Jessi, Jason, and I went up to Powell and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. It was excellent! I've seen it twice already and can't wait for it to come out on video. Emi and me hung out the rest of the night and just talked and watched a movie.

Saturday I went to lunch with Thomas Bridges. Later that night I hung out with Michael Bernard. To finish off the last day I was in town Emi and I watched another movie and stayed up late.

Sunday I headed back to Laramie. It was a pretty long, hard drive. Luckily, I had people to ride back with and followed Derik back.

It was a great break, not nearly long enough but just enough to get me through the last weeks.

1 comment:

Michael and Chantel said...

Yay for Thanksgiving! Looks like you had alot of fun! I LOVED the Harry Potter movie too I want to go see it again! Glad you made it back safe! Our roads were pretty nasty!