Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stake Conference.....

The reason I came back to Laramie Saturday was because Stake Conference was on Sunday. I was not going to miss the meeting because Elder Quentin L. Cook came to visit our stake. Elder Maury Schooff, a member of one of the Quorum of the Seventy, accompanied him. It was an excellent meeting. President Dory, the stake president, spoke first. He was followed Elder Buss, one of his councilors. There were a couple of students who were asked to bear their testimonies after those talks were finished. The second half of the meeting were taken up by the talks of Elder Schooff, Sister Cook, and lastly Elder Cook was the concluding speaker.


Not only did I get to hear Elder Cook speak, but I got to sit right behind him. President Dory had asked the Singles Ward sisters to sing during conference. We got to sing songs for prelude about a half hour before the meeting started, and we also sang during the meeting.

The entire meeting fit together so perfectly. To start out everyone sang "Come Listen To A Prophets Voice". President Dory talked about families, missionary work, and how Heavenly Father loves everyone. After his talk was through our choir sang "Lord I Would Follow Me". President Buss spoke on burdens and how Christ is a peacemaker; he also talked about how through prayer and charity we can have peace even in times of trials. The congregation then sang "Improve the Shining Moments". Elder Schooff was the next speaker and he spoke on prayer. He spoke on how we need to have a prayer in our heart and also to show our gratitude for all those blessings we have in life. Sister Cook spoke next on Family Home Evening and also on songs as being another method of prayer. Elder Cook spoke on quite a few topics. He first taught on strengthening families, by choosing righteousness we have peace as a reward, lastly he spoke on how we have make choices everyday and how they will affect us now and our future. To close the meeting we sang "We Thank Thee, O God, For A Prophet".
Be
I'm so glad that I chose to come home early so I could attend Stake Conference. It was totally worth it, and I would have missed out on a great deal if I had chose to stay home for one my day. I feel very honored to have gotten to be in the presence of an apostle and hear all of the powerful and great talks.

2 comments:

shelly said...

Beth... so thankful for your strong testimony and great example of living the gospel you are to your sisters (and me!) You are a VERY SPECIAL young woman. You made the right decision to make it back for conference, what a special experience. Wow, you amaze me with your maturity and understanding of what is really important. Love you more than I can say !

Tracy said...

Sounds amazing!! I'm so glad your testimony could be strengthened!!