Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Great News......

I just got the best news in the world today. Upon checking my email this afternoon, expecting to not find anything special, I got a HUGE SURPRISE!!!

I officially have an interview for pharmacy school!! I'm so excited and I can't wait... I'm so nervous but excited at the same time!!

Below is the official email that I just received today!!

Dear Bethany C. Reasch:

This is to inform you that you have been selected to interview with the faculty of the University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy, as part of the admission process.

Interviews will be held February 8-19, Monday through Friday, in Laramie, Wyoming, and include a full day from 8:30 am until 5 pm. Please be aware that we do not conduct phone or conference interviews. The schedule for the full day interview is as follows:

Ø 8:30 AM-Welcome- Dean John H. Vandel
Ø 8:45 AM- Overview of the professional pharmacy Program-Maria Bennett, Manager of Student Services.
Ø 9:00 AM- Tour of the University of Wyoming Campus- Ms. Stacy Madden
o (Please bring walking shoes and a warm jacket)
Ø 10:00 AM -Competency Exam
Ø 10:50 AM-Writing Sample
Ø 11:30-12:30 Lunch with Current Pharmacy Students
Ø 12:30 BREAK
Ø 1-5 PM–Individual Interviews with faculty. Once a student is done with the interview they are finished. We will schedule out of state and out of town students to interview early in the day to accommodate travel arrangements.

Interviews will be conducted with 2 faculty members and sometimes a student and will last approximately 30 minutes. You will need to bring a valid ID with photo and be prepared to have your photo taken for your application packet. You will not need any materials for the competency exam, however you will want to bring reading materials for downtime you may have during the day.

For information on hotels, dining, and travel please go to the Laramie Tourism Boards website:
www.laramie-tourism.org.

Please email Jo Ann Rule
jrule@uwyo.edu to let us know which day you would like to interview on. Please make sure to include a first and second choice of dates for interview.

We look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Maria Bennett
Manager of Pharmacy Student Services
University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy


This is what I have been waiting for. I have constantly been checking my mail and my email to see when I would find out. I have been growing considerable anxious, and it is such a relief to finally know one way or another. Thankfully it is good news!! I couldn't be more happy right now!!

6 comments:

Kara said...

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am so so so happy for you. Congratulations and Good Luck! I love you lots!

Tracy said...

HAPPY DAY!!!! Congratulations!!!
Way to go Bethany!!!!! :-)

Richard & Katie said...

YAY BETH!!! That rocks and I'm so exctied for you! Good luck with the interview and everything!

shelly said...

GREAT WORK Beth!!! Love you so much, and as always...I'm proud of ya!

Anonymous said...

Your mom told me last night about your letter and that you were so excited about it. I am excited for you! Way to go! All your hard work is paying off, we are proud of you too~!

The Wabbingtons said...

Beth I am so happy and proud of you! I read the letter and cried a little I think Kara is rubbing off on me! :) or maybe it is the mother in me! Anyways I knew you would get one and once again I am so flippin happy. I just keep thinking about you! I love you so much!!!!!! Miss you!!