Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Break (Part 2).....

The next few days after Christmas were spent cleaning & getting the house ready for Melissa, Derek, and Darius to come for a visit. Monday, the 28th, my mom & I headed up to Billings to shop for Emilee's birthday, which was on the 31st. After getting home later that night, we finished cleaning the house & I got all of my stuff moved to the upstairs bedroom because Melissa & her family were going to stay in my room.

On Tuesday Melissa, Derek, & Darius arrived! It was so great to see them, I missed them so much since they've moved to Phoenix. Both Tuesday & Wednesday were spent hanging out around the house, playing with Darius (boy he has grown so much, it's hard to believe he's only 1!). Kara & the kids came up to visit both days & it was a lot of fun to be with all the nephews & niece again!


Wednesday night, my parents had to go to the Stake Mutual activity, so Danielle, Emilee, Melissa, Derek, Darius, and I headed down to Kara's house to spend some time. This is the first trip that Melissa saw Kara's new house and Dallin. After spending some time there, we came by to our house & started working on things for Emilee's birthday. After my mom got home we finished everything up & headed to bed.
The next day was spent in celebration of Emi, who I'm so glad is my little sister-however she's not too little anymore. Recently, Emilee has learned to play the guitar & got a black one for her birthday. She also is a little more than obsessed with Jacob Black in New Moon, so we got a cut out for her that she keeps in her room. Later that night, my mom, dad, Melissa, Derek, & I watched Get Smart to bring in the New Year.


The next day, all of us (Kara & her family as well) went to the church gym to play basketball & other games. Then we all went up to eat at Pizza Hut in Powell for dinner.

The rest of the week was spent hanging out at the house, until Saturday. We headed up to Billings to spend the day, bumming around the mall and then eating at the Rib & Chop House later that night. After dinner Darius was exhausted & ready for bed so my mom took him home, while the rest of us went to watch the MSUB basketball game. Sunday we went to church & later that night we ate dinner with the whole family.

Melissa, Derek, and Darius left early Monday morning back to Phoenix. The rest of the week I spent studying to take my Pharmacy Technician Exam. On Thursday my mom & I headed up to Billings so I could take my exam. After it was over, the results said I passed, but I don't get my official results until the 22nd.


Friday I headed back to Laramie & got into town around 6:00. That night I got everything unpacked. Saturday, I bought all my textbooks & got groceries for my house. The rest of the day & today was spent relaxing, enjoying the last two days of my break. Tomorrow another semester starts & it is going to be a ton of work!!

No comments: