Wednesday, October 15, 2008

There's No Place Like Home...

While sitting in class last Wednesday, I got a text message from Kristen Scheffler. She asked if I wanted to go home with her on the weekend. We left Friday around 4:00, and made it home in 5 1/2 hours (stopping twice even)!! Luckily on the way down, the roads were great. They were hardly even wet. When I got back into Lovell, I arrived home to an empty house. My family was at Dani's volleyball games. After I walked into the gym, I was so excited to see my family, and I think they were happy to see me too!! :) We watched some volleyball and then went home and played some games.

On Saturday I went to watch even more volleyball. As nice as it is to go home, it's hard because I try to fit so much into those few days. My friends came to the games, so I got to see them. (During the tournament, Dani's team beat Pinedale, Jackson, and Lyman. Their only loss was to Kemmerer. They had a pretty good weekend!) Later that night, my family went and ate at Hansel and Gretal's. It was great. I had my friends up to watch a movie after we got back from Powell.

Kris and I were supposed to head back to Laramie about 3:00 on Sunday. It had been snowing everywhere around us, and it was soooo cold. After talking to her coaches, we decided to wait it out and come home Monday. Which meant I got one more day :). I went to church, and while I was there I got to see Michael Bernard. I found out he was leaving the next day to go on his mission to Indianapolis, Indiana. After a nice home cooked meal that night, I went to hang out with Michael and Mikey for awhile.

When it came time to head back Monday morning, I didn't want to leave. It was hard saying goodbye to my family, but it made it a little easier knowing I'm coming home again this weekend. I originally was planning on coming home this weekend, but when Kristen asked if I'd come home with her, I made a decision to come home both weekends. One draw back to not coming back to Laramie until Monday was that this weekend I was going to come home Thursday at 11:00, after my Chemistry class. and skip class on Friday. Since I missed class on Monday, I figured it's not a good plan to miss twice in one week. Now, I won't be coming home until Friday after my last class at 2:00.

Everything worked out for the best though. I found out I have a Math quiz on Friday, and I really didn't want to miss Biology. Luckily when I missed on Monday, we didn't have any clicker questions. Also I get to babysit Katelyn and Jacob so Kara can do her visiting teaching. I love those kids :). I also brought home my camera so I can take pictures to post on here. I'm very happy I got to go home and see my family and my little town again. :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ya think your family was happy to see you?!?! ;-) I know they were thrilled, elated and so excited to see you!!

Katie had fun hanging out at your house.

Drive careful on the way home!

Love Ya!