Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Wonderfully, Exciting Life

I was informed that since my life is so overly exciting, I needed to form my own blog. My mommy made me make a blog :), so now for your enjoyment you can see into the wonderful life of Bethany Reasch.

This semester I'm enrolled in four classes: Biology 1, Chemistry 1, Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, and College Algebra. Last week was a very exciting week. I had an exam in every class.

Anthropology was the first on my list. I was thinking this would pretty easy since my professor is extremely laid back. Much to my surprise the test wasn't so easy, even after studying for over 6 hours for it! I'm sorry to report I got a 73% on that exam, and that was with the teacher giving credit for three questions she didn't like as well as three extra credit points.

Biology is definitely the hardest class of all. No matter how much I study for my test, I never feel prepared. My exam was on Monday September 30th. I don't have my results yet, but I will find out in about an hour in my Biology Lab. I'm a little nervous.

My chemistry exam came next on Wednesday. I studied pretty hard, and felt pretty good about it. Thinking I only missed two questions. I just got my test back today and found out I got a 79% on my exam, which isn't bad considering the class average was about a 62%. It also helps that a 79% is still a B on our professors grading scale.

Finally, my College Algebra test was on Thursday. I wasn't worried about this one, so I didn't bother to study since I was able to complete the practice test in about 10 minutes. When I got to the test, boy was I shocked. I didn't do as bad as I though. I ended up with a 86%.

What did I learn from my first week of tests? College is definitely not like high school, and I have to work a lot harder if I want to get the grades I want. All I pretty much do every day is go to class, and bother my sister Kara :) I don't know what I'd do without her here, I sit at home if I'm not over there.

Well I'd write more, but I have class from 2:10-5:00.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hey Beth! good to hear about you!

Kara said...

I'm so glad that you started a blog. Now I can stalk you when you're not at my house :)