Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week One.....

Well I've survived week one of my first rotation. I've really enjoyed being at the Board of Pharmacy. There's been lots to do to keep me busy. Already I've answered about 10 questions regarding the law, prepared presentations, read 2 books, written my newsletter article, and met with the FDA/Wyoming Attorney General's Office. I get to meet with the FBI next week, give a couple of presentations, and go to the Board meeting and WPhA convention at the end of the month. Luckily, I have some down time which means that I've been able to get a head-start on my Seminar Presentation too.

The days are kind of long because I have to be on-site by 8:00, five days a week, so driving from Laramie means waking up by 5:30 to get ready to be sure that I'm on time every day. I don't take a lunch break usually so I can head home by 4:00, otherwise I would have to stay until 5:00. All I can say is I'm glad that I'll only be commuting to work for a few weeks, I definitely couldn't do it every day.

It's nice to be able to get my feet wet before jumping in head first to the demanding rotations that I'll have later on. The people I work with every day are the sweetest and have made me feel very welcome. Not a day goes by without receiving a compliment from my preceptor. I'll be crossing my fingers that the rest of my rotations go as smoothly as this one has been so far!

No comments: