Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Attempt.....

Well tonight I made my first attempt at making caramel popcorn. I'm proud to report that it turned out great! I only had to make one call to my mom to find out what it meant when it said cook to softball consistency.
Dani and I have been hanging out at home and decided we wanted to have a movie night, since that's pretty much all we ever do on the weekends! We got the movie, What to Expect When You're Expecting. We're going to spend the night watching movies and chowing down on one of my favorite homemade treats.
Making my mom's caramel corn is super easy. Thanks Aunt Cathy for giving the recipe to my mom, it's the best stuff I've ever tasted. It's pretty easy and quick to make. Here's the recipe for the best caramel corn ever:
Caramel Corn
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Karo Syrup
1 Cup Butter or Margarine
Dash of Salt
**Cook to Softball and then Pour in 1 Can of Eagle Brand Milk. Pour over popcorn**

No comments: