Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Hobby.....

When I was in 4th grade, I learned to make lanyards in art class. Now most people probably forget about the things they learned in elementary school, but I remember the most random things. I've made a ton of these key chains. It's kind of lame, but I love making them. I've probably made around a hundred of them. Luckily Katelyn and Jacob love them so I have something to do with all of them! I love to make them because whenever I'm just sitting around, it gives me something to do with my hands.
I'm in public speaking this semester and we just gave "How To" speeches. One girl gave her speech on how to make Paracord Bracelets. To make them, you have to use one of the braids that I do for my lanyards. I've ordered some paracord and have made a few bracelets already. This is my new hobby and I like that I have something else that I can make.
Something good came out of public speaking already. It's not quite as dorky as making a ton of key chains, even though I still make those too. :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Jacob wore three key chains on his coat to school on Friday...one for the morning, one for lunch time, and one for after school. They think they're pretty cool, and they are going to be equally as impressed with the bracelets. :)