Sunday, June 26, 2011

Visitors.....

This past week has been a fun filled week, it was Lovell's Day and Melissa, Derek, and Darius have been here to visit. It's been so long since we've seen them, and I can't believe how big Darius has gotten.

They got in last Sunday, the 19th. They flew into the Billings Airport, and nobody could decide who would go get them so we all went. After eating some dinner at the Olive Garden, we headed for Lovell. 

On Monday we bummed around after we all got home from work (it was the first day of my hospital rotation in Worland), played with the niece & nephews, ate dinner, and spent some time together catching up. 

Tuesday I headed off to work, while my mom babysat Darius so Melissa and Derek could go to Billings to see their friends that live up there. Kara's kiddos came up to play with Darius, and they came up later that night again while Kara went to watch Jason in the Follies.

Wednesday, I headed to work again and was there most of the day. When I got home, it was time to watch the Follies. Most people don't understand why it's so fun to watch, like for example Derek, but it's a tradition that I love and look forward to every year. The highlight of the show this year was watching Jason get down with his bad self in the all male bench dancers act. Never in a million years did I think that Jason would be in the Follies, let alone dancing; but I'm glad he did, it was the best and gave us something to look forward to. Good job Jase!! :)
Thursday, we went to the car show and to the follies again (minus Liss and her family), and it was even better the second night. 

On Friday we all had the day off, so I actually got to sleep in. We went to breakfast at Launges' Kitchen, which was excellent (I don't eat breakfast often so it was a nice change). After we got home, everyone headed to the Canyon overlook. It's beautiful out there, the kids had a blast, and we all tried unsuccessfully to throw rocks into the water. We got rained out at the canyon, so we headed to Horseshoe Bend, where we skipped rocks (or in my case threw rocks), swam, and enjoyed the day out on the lake. By the time we got back into town it was time to get ready to head to the Family Fun Fair. The kids had a lot of fun and got some pretty sweet face painting. Then it was finally time for one of my favorite Lovell's Day events, the Cowley Boys, and it definitely lived up to my expectations.

Saturday was the day of the big parade, filled with candy, screaming kids, sunburns, pictures, and of course BBQ Beef Sandwiches. Then we headed for the park, where we watched the volleyball tournament. After about 3 hours, we decided it was time to head out to the rodeo for a bit, which Darius absolutely loved (he loves horses and got really excited that he saw so many). To finish of the night we watched the fireworks, which were about the best I've ever seen Lovell have.
It was a great Lovell's Day, and I loved having the entire family here. Thank goodness we get to keep Liss and everyone here for a few more days, I'm not ready for our visitors to leave yet, Arizona is just too far away!!

No comments: